Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shakeology Chocolate Almond Butter Cups

Oh Chocolate Shakeology...how you have changed my life.  For those of you who don't know what Shakeology is, there is a link provided so that you may further educate yourself. It's my sure fire way to guarantee that I get almost all my vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients into my daily diet.  If I had to choose one food item, that if I could wave a magic wand, everyone would take part in, this is what I would choose.  This is also what I would choose if I was deserted on an island and had to choose one food item to live off of (that is if we presume that I am choosing the item that I know will benefit my health and well-being, if not, then I'm choosing a Kimball's Double Day).

Shakeology is designed to be a meal replacement, but much like protein powders, you can pretty much use the powder in a number of ways, to make a number of different meals.  Where most people probably won't do much more than throw it in a blender with some fruits and milk, I'm always looking for an alternative way to spruce it up, and sneak it into my daily diet.  Sometimes it's a Shakeology Chocolate Pancake, but in this case it was a frozen dessert!

I came across this recipe on Facebook through an Eat Clean Diet post.  I'm always a bit confused by some of their recipes that have protein powder, mostly because when you read an ingredient list on the majority of protein powders, it's nothing but mystery words that cannot be deciphered.  But, it does not mean that I'm required to use protein powder, because to me that seems to take any food item from "clean" to scientifically altered (which just doesn't seem quite so clean).  But, when I come across something that tells me I can make Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, damn straight I'm gonna find a way to make it cleaner, and healthier so I can enjoy this tasty little treat!

Ingredients:

1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
5 tbsp. Unsweetened Chocolate Soy Milk
5 tsp. Almond Butter
Olive Oil Spray





Directions:

1. Combine Chocolate Shakeology and Unsweetened Chocolate Soy Milk in a small bowl, and whisk until smooth.  (I'm not going to lie, I just kept adding soy milk until it was a thick shiny consistency that could be scooped, but wasn't really liquidy).
2. Spray 5 silicon mini-muffin holders with Olive Oil spray. (If you use regular muffin tins with wrappers, make sure that they are aluminum, not paper, or else they will not come out.  Honestly, I've tried this same idea with aluminum and it's still difficult, so I would highly recommend only using silicon muffin holders.)
3. Divide half of the Shakeology mixture between the five silicone mini-muffin holders.  Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Take the holders out, and in each container place 1 tsp. of Almond Butter in the center, and then cover each of the 5 holders with the remaining Shakeology.
5.  Place back in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
6.  Enjoy these tasty frozen Shakeology Chocolate Almond Butter Cups as they slowly melt on your fingertips and you decide that maybe you could live without a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ever again!


No comments:

Post a Comment