Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Eatin'

It's Almost Too Simple to Post About
Leftover Summer Chicken Salad

I haven't posted in quite some time.  For myself, much like everyone else in New England, when summer comes, almost all my other responsibilities come to a screeching halt. I'm lucky enough to work a job that allows me afternoons to sit by the pool, or drop by the beach.  Sometimes I'm not sure how I make it day to day (total sarcasm).  

It's because of this that I rarely post, but it's also the fact that my meals seem to become extremely simplified in the summer.  I stop by the same Spring Brook Farm farm stand every ride home from my mother's pool, pick up my produce for the next few days, and head home to decide what I'm going to make.  Protein, vegetable, complex carb, and then most likely grill.  I'm not losing time in my kitchen, and everything tastes so simple and fresh.  I also get to use every little bit of produce in my fridge, and whatever protein I already have cooked.  I'm a simple girl in summer, no frills, just fresh food and grills.





Chicken Salad

4 oz. chicken, grilled or broiled, sliced
1/2 Cucumber, peeled and quartered
1/2 Tomato, diced
1/2 Yellow pepper, diced
2 C. lettuce or spinach or green of your choice
1 tsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste 




Now, here's where it gets really complicated.  Put it on a plate.  

Yup, that's why most of the time it's just hard for me to blog about food in the summer.  Why go and mess a good thing up.  The most complicated this can get is marinating or boiling the chicken with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and chicken stock.  Why not just enjoy the amazing food that is summer produce???

No comments:

Post a Comment