Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blueberry Crisp 

As blueberries are a Superfood, and my husband loves them, and I love desserts, I'm always trying to find new ways to incorporate them in a new way.  This recipe came from my knowledge of crisps, combined with a crumble topping from another recipe I found in The Best Life Diet Cookbook. I was also craving a little treat for the topping, and so I made a quickie frozen yogurt, which fresh out of the freezer was great, but is still a recipe that I'm working on.  It worked out alright this time, but it's not something that I would try again without further research.

Ingredients:
Blueberry Base:
1 pint Blueberries, fresh
1/2 Lemon, zested
1/2 Lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. Stevia
Crumble Topping:
1/2 c. Oats
1 tbsp. Honey
2 tbsp. Walnuts
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp. Unsweetened Soy milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the blueberry base.  Divide evenly among four ramekins.

In a food processor combine all ingredients for the crumble topping.  Divide the topping among the four ramekins. 

Place the ramekins on a baking sheets, and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on browning of the topping. When the topping looks crisp, an blueberries are bubbling through, remove and let cool for 5 minutes.  Top blueberry crisp with Fat-free Greek yogurt, or a frozen yogurt of your choice.  

I promise that this treat will satiate any desire to have a sweet snack.  This is great as well because with dividing the mixture among four ramekins, you have two more servings for whenever you decide you want a sweet snack.  When I came up with this recipe, my husband exclaimed that this was, "The best dessert you've ever made", which is starting to hold less and less weight, since he says this with every new dessert that I create.  We'll see how it stands up as time progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment