Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Muffins

This is, by far THE BEST CLEAN DESSERT I HAVE EVER MADE!  I came across a recipe at Dashing Dish that was a Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin, I was completely taken by the idea.  However, as much as I wanted to try the recipe, I started researching all the different chocolate chips, and no matter how clean the chocolate was, there was no denying that sugar is sugar is sugar, and I just didn't want to add more sugar to the recipe.  So, I went over the recipe and thought to myself, "She suggests adding peanut butter chips to the recipe, what if I just put peanut butter directly into the batter?"  GENIUS!!!

,

So, I followed the Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin recipe for the batter itself.  Instead of mixing chocolate chips into the batter, I filled the cupcake pan with the foil liners (DO NOT USE PAPER LINERS!!!  Because there is no flour in the recipe, the batter will stick when cooked, and you'll end up with only half of a muffin to eat), and poured the batter until the muffin tins were half full.  I then put a tablespoon of peanut butter directly into the center of each muffin.  When I finished, I poured the remaining batter and covered the peanut butter in each muffin tin.  I then baked them at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  

Honestly, you could stop here, and the muffins would unbelievable.  However, I just couldn't stop, and clearly, I needed some peanut butter frosting for my muffin, which now had taken on the form of a cupcake. So, in a small bowl I put two heaping tablespoons of peanut butter, two tablespoons of Stevia, and about an 1/8 c. of unsweetened soy milk.  I whisked away, adding more milk or peanut butter if I needed it, until I got just the right consistency for the "frosting".  As you can see, the results for pretty good looking.

Now, at this point when I came up with this whole idea, I had no idea what the texture or taste was going to be because I had never made the original recipe, so how could I know whether they would be delicious or not?  Well, folks, imagine how in love with the cupcake I was when I bit in and tasted this, 

  
Yes, it does taste as good as it looks!  If you find yourself seriously craving some chocolate, and you're considering stopping for some Hostess cupcakes, rethink your options, because I promise that this muffin/cupcake will hold up to any chocolate fantasy you have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment