Monday, April 30, 2012

Beef and Cannellini Bean Minestrone

Your probably thinking to yourself, if you've read my past blogs, "Damn, this girl eats a large quantity of soups!" And, you would be correct.  I do this for a few different reasons, but the most important two are this: 1) You can fit all your protein and vegetables into one small bowl, in one sitting, and have it taste unbelievably yummy; 2) I cook for two, and I cook for days.  I would love to hang around everyday all day in the kitchen and cook, but I've got other things to do, as do you.

This soup sparked my interest while browsing cookbooks with Food Network on in the background, and Giada was introducing her meals for the show.  As I half paid attention, I was got increasingly excited when I saw red meat, and no potatoes.  I know this sounds weird, because I know that turkey and chicken are the healthier choice, but I like red meat, and I live with a man who also likes red meat.  Every once in a while, you want something that tastes huge, and flavorful, and rich.  And I'd rather eat this, than a double cheeseburger.  

I should add here, that I have no issue with potatoes.  Good carbs, are good carbs, as long as you eat them in moderation.  So I celebrated the lack of potatoes, and the substitution of beans, because I knew we'd have left overs, and I didn't want to be eating potatoes for three days straight.  Check out the webpage and give the recipe a try, especially if you have a guy in your house who like a nice meaty meal.  It's so delish! 



And, integrate more soups into your household.  If you have kids, or don't have kids, soups are a great way to plan meals over a couple days, and they make you feel so full and nourished.  

1 comment: