Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Egg White, Oatmeal, Banana, Almond Butter Omelet

I eat weird stuff to nourish my body.  It is what it is.  If you aren't aware, all of the Superfoods are great food choices in and of themselves, but it's the synergy between eating them all together that gets us the greatest benefit from the nutrients that they provide.  So take a look at this bad boy.  We've got egg whites, oatmeal, banana, almond butter, and a hint of cinnamon all mixed up into one.  


The recipe was introduced to me by a co-worker, and there are a handful of us that eat it, and I've found that we all have a different way of putting it together.  I take three egg whites and scramble them before adding anything else to the bowl.  I then place in about 1/8 c. of oatmeal, 1/2 a banana very thinly sliced and a touch of cinnamon.  I mix this all together very well to make sure that both the oatmeal and the banana are covered in the egg whites.  I pour everything into a 9in. saute pan heated to medium and sprayed with non-stick spray and cook until it starts to become firm.  I then flip the egg mixture over, and on the cooked side spread about 1-2 tbs. of almond butter (use whatever butter it is you prefer).  When the bottom is cooked, I fold it over and ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment