Sunday, April 29, 2012

Strawberry Protein Pan-Crepes

I had recently told my father that I eat Fat Free Greek yogurt with all sorts of weird stuff, in all sorts of weird ways.  He asked how.  And how do you answer that question when you use it for pancakes, and cupcakes, quiches and all sorts of other strange things. Yogurt?  Yup.

This recipe was born out of a an idea that came from one of my favorite dessert websites to reference (although there are many other recipes available on there), Dashing Dish.  I highly suggest you check it out and see what you can find.

My version, however, was brought to life by mixing my vanilla protein pancake recipe with the idea of a crepe.  


Instead of make one big pancake, I divided the mixture into two thin pancakes and used them as crepes.  And because that wasn't yummy enough (sarcasm), I took a heaping tablespoon of Fat Free Greek yogurt, a tablespoon of Fat Free Cream Cheese some Stevia, and four strawberries and threw them in a food processor until it was pureed.  I then filled the "crepes" with the mixture, rolled them, and drizzled the remainder of the puree over the top, and garnished with some freshly sliced strawberries.  More calories?  Yes.  Yummier?  Most definitely, YES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment